Thursday, March 1, 2012

Week 6

I am well into week 6 of my Leadville 100 training. This past week was a rough one for me. I fought a lack of motivation to run all week. I have asked questions why now. Am I overtraining? Is it my other life stressors? Or is it related to all the overtime at work with extra meetings and electronic medical record training on top of my work current work status contributing to this feeling?

Anyways back to training........I have to admit that I miss being out on my bike. I know that its early in the season, but since winter didn't really exist this year, I feel that I should be out on the bike-maybe I just need more crosstraining in my work out routine during my weeks. I definitely need to work on organizating my schedule so that I can fit everything in- this should be easy at this point in my life since I'm not in school anymore-but its not.

My runs over the past week haven't been stellar by any means, but last Saturday's run was by far one of the worse runs I have had in a really long time. Mentally my brain was tired and my body was physically tired as well, I did manage to somehow achieve my goal miles for the week. Saturday's run however was the biggest pity party for myself throughout the run. Since then my lack of motivation has increased. What can I do to break out of this rut?

No comments: