Monday, December 12, 2011

Well I did it! My season is officially over and my new training season is just starting to begin. 2012 is going to bring me through a new journey. I have decided to take a year off from competing in the Ironman branded races. I love the experience of Ironman, but am looking for a new challenge in 2012. After running with my Run Club pals over at Lifetime, a couple of us decided to take the ultimate plunge-we signed up for the Leadville 100 ultramarathon. To add flame to the fire, I plan to compete in the Leadman Epic 250 Triathlon in Las Vegas in May. I'm super excited to take on these new challenges in the upcoming 2012 year!

Below, I have posted a link to my adventure in Leadville, CO:
http://www.leadvilleraceseries.com/page/show/311976-leadville-trail-100-run

The Leadman Epic 250 is a triathlon located outside of Las Vegas in May. This race entails a 5k (3.1mi) swim in Lake Mead, 138 mile bike through the Valley of Fire, and a 22K run to the Hoover Dam. This sounds to me like the coolest course ever!

The good thing is that I will not be alone during these endeavors, as I will have a couple of my Run Club peeps running along side me in Leadville and my teammate Christina competing with me in Vegas.

As for the rest of my upcoming season, I haven't decided. I have been asked back to represent Erik's again. Since both Dave (the other tri ambassador) and mine races are early this year, Erik's is hoping to get us on our new bikes right after the new year. They are talking about putting us on either a Specialized Shiz or Willier next season, but we won't until until right before the bike can be ordered. I am super excited to ride either one.

I am also hoping that Aquaphor, will bring me back as one of their ambassadors again next season-lord knows that I will definitely be in need of lots of Aquaphor with training and competing at Leadville.

No comments: