Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Holidays!



I can't believe we are coming to the end of 2010! I am completely ready to say good bye to 2010 and ready to get started in 2011! On Christmas morning, following my shift at work, I decided to run The Joyful 5k. Since I started training for ironman distance triathlons running 5k's have gone along the way side, but Aquaphor offered the deal that if I ran one more race this year they would pay me $50, so I thought why not. I didn't have real high expectations for this 5k since I was running on tired legs and this being my first run outside this winter. The route was two loops around Lake Como. The path was really slippery but my trail Newton's made a big difference. I ended up leading the women on the first loop and then got passed on the second. I was still happy to come out with a second place finish!

No comments: