Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Man, it has been a while since my last post. BUSY is the word to explain for my delayed posting! What else is new huh!

Just to give you an update regarding my nephew since my last posting. Ethan was officially diagnosed with Downs. Although the diagnosis of Downs, he is healthy-Thank God! Ethan's heart, respiratory, and GI examinations and tests have all come back normal! In addition to the tests and exams, Ethan has been eating great and doesn't have to have P.E. tubes placed (common for most Downs babies).

So what have I been up too since my last posting?

School started back in session mid January. I was anticipating a pretty uneventful and fairly light load for my last semester of grad school at Mankato. About mid January, as I was filling out my graduation application when it was brought to my attention that a course that I had taken at St. Cloud State wouldn't transfer-AAAAHHHH! Since this was brought to my attention after the registration window was closed, I spent a good amount time panicking and begging professors to grant me late registration. I luckily found one professor to take pity on me and allow me to start class late but the class brings me to Mankato twice a week!

As I work towards graduation, I have been working on my thesis and playing the games with IRB committee at Mankato. Today I submitted my documents again after updating the documents previously submitted. Cross your fingers that they approve it this time!

Of course since nothing is simple and the game of jumping through hoops continues. I was notified this week that there was a hold put on my financial aid because I have taken too many credits-AAAAGGGHHHH again! I ended up having to write an appeal to have my financial aid reinstated and I will find out the results in 10-14 days-Again cross your fingers again! The funny thing though is that I got an email this week reminding me to fill out my financial aid for next year!? What?

Anyways between running between classes and clinical, I have found a little time to continue my training over the past couple of days. Yes-I have started 2010 Ironman training again! I again will be training with my coach from the 2009 session and the P2 Peeps.

The training season has started strong with 6 hours of training over this past weekend and a 1-2 hour during the week days. The workouts have been challenging! I love it!

This week:
Monday: I had my personal training session with discover strength which left me pretty sore. It must have been the new exercises. I ended up skipping my bike workout-ran out of time

Tuesday: Ran 1 hour at Lifetime alternating stairs and track. Was 30 minutes short on the run workout and skipped the Xtra credit workout of biking.

Today: Plan to attend bike session at P2

No comments: