Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010


I posted some pictures of my new little nephew Ethan-what doll! As life continues to prove to not turn out the way it is expected or hoped Ethan was diagnosed with Down's Syndrome based off physical features. Michelle (my sister) struggled through a difficult -high risk pregnancy which led her down a long road of being poked and prodded with test after test to rule out any challenges the baby may face (this was done because of her gestational diabetes and Owen's problems). All tests showed a negative finding for Down's which has left the doctors mystified to how a diagnosis of Down's could have been missed. Since Ethan's birth, he has gone through a multitude of tests that are used to rule out any of the common challenges that a child with Down's faces such as congenital heart defects and respiratory concerns which showed to be negative as well-the doctors again are still mystified! So again we a playing the waiting game to see what the blood tests have to show which will give the definitive diagnosis of Down's-maybe its a misdiagnosis!? Either way it doesn't matter because this perfect little boy is our center and our love:)

Owen quickly picked up on the big brother role by picking on Ethan by poking his head and pulling his hat off. Owen also covered Ethan's face with drool from all the sloppy kisses. Those two boys are going to have a ton a fun through their future years-I'm sure Matt and Michelle will be pulling their hair out by the time the boys hit their teenage years (I'm sure both boys picked up the Andrychowicz can't sit still gene:))

On to another year full of training! What will 2010 bring-hopefully another year of PR's and crazy training adventures! I have maintained my training over the off season with attending as many of the XP2 sessions as my hectic schedule would allow and continued getting big muscles by attending the personal training sessions at Discover Strength. The regular P2 sessions start this week-I can't wait! I look forward to the upcoming training and racing season!

So as with the start of any new year there are resolutions-I prefer New Year goals. Last year I did pretty good as I had the goal to PR at my triathlons and did go under 13 hours at Ironman. I didn't do so well at the eating healthier goal.

2010 Goals:
1. Ironman PR
2. Better organization
3. Healthier eating

I have been off to a good start with my workouts in 2010!
Friday's workout consisted of a 60 minute run (15 minutes track, 5 minutes stairs with med ball, 15 minute track, 5 minutes stairs with med ball, 15 minutes hills on treadmill, 5 minutes stairs with med ball)
Saturday's workout consisted of 60 minute ride (5 minute sit/stand intervals), 15 minute run track, 5 minutes stairs with med ball, 10 minutes track laps consisting of running and lunges, ab's to finish.

Cheers!

No comments: