Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Still no running....Day 9

Today I attended another XP2 session where we met at the Pit and biked on the trainer for a hour-we did a workout of ups and downs or standing and sitting. The workout was intended to be easy since most of us are still recovering from our race season. Following the biking the group went out for a run through the skyways in St. Paul-I stayed back and biked. I become a little sad that I haven't been able to run especially with the groups on the runs through the skyways. I still have a week and a half before I see Pete my PT so that he can assess my ankle. My ankle is slowly starting to feel better-I can make it about 6 hours into my work shift before it starts to ache, however there are times I twist or move it wrong and it sends a jolt of pain through my leg. I at least wasn't left alone since Margarita was doing some tempo stuff on the treadmill-it was fun to catch up a bit with her since she just got back from Hawaii. She did bring me back a super cool water bottle from Ironman worlds!!!!!

Yesterday, I another personal training session at Discover Strength. Man, what a killer session! Here I thought that we would get a recovery session before starting hard again since we just ran a marathon-I spose it was 8 days ago. The trainers were having fun watching Cindy and I suffer through our workout yesterday!!! I tried to tell them that I had become a lazy ass since I was injured-they laughed at me and told me that they didn't care and to work harder. I did get out of the tibial strength machine but only because it was really painful in my injured area. It didn't help that prior to me going to my personal training session, I did some time on the stepmill holding a medicine ball-I just confirmed the thoughts of me being crazy by my personal trainers.

No comments: