Saturday, July 25, 2009

Racing tomorrow




Tomorrow is my last race before Ironman Madison. I can't believe that September is coming so fast! Tomorrow I'm doing my second 1/2 ironman of the season in Chisago Lakes. This will be my last race before Ironman Madison-I can believe that September is coming up so fast! I added to tri attire today by finally breaking down and getting an aero helmet. Once I was at Gear West and one of the guys had said that an aero helmet makes as much difference as race wheels-I can use all the help I can get!!!!

I survived another crazy busy week! I'm officially done with my first round of clinical and turned in my proposal for my thesis!!!! I look forward to the month of August to really focus on my training and all the things that goes along with it.

I have spent most every free moment for the past couple weeks working on presentations or my thesis proposal, which has put a damper of the training.

Monday, I had swim club and felt horrible in the water! Cindy and I then met for another personal training session at Discover Strength.

Tuesday, I missed my workout due to the weather and needing to work on my presentation.

Wednesday, I met crew downtown and ran the Torchlight 5k-I think that was first 5k that I have ran in 3 years! I then spent the rest of the night working on my presentation.

Thursday, I trained with P2-I was exhausted and took the workout easy.

Friday, I got in the pool and swam for 30 minutes. I felt pretty strong in the water for the first time in quite a while.

Saturday, I took the day off.

No comments: