Thursday, January 8, 2009

I have had some good workouts over the past couple of days-what I mean by good is that I actually feel as though I have gotten something out of them. I maybe have gotten over the hump of a lack of motivation or maybe its just starting a new year.

Monday, I did a 4.25 mile run with Run Club. We were going at a fast pace but with the snow and ice it felt as though we have run double the distance at a really fast pace. The weather was great for running on Monday, I think it was in the 20's (only people from midwest would say that).

Tuesday, I ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill and lifted weights. My miles were broken up by sets of weights-as Jen would say it is a great way to hide some running in the strength workout. I did some of the new exercises that Jen showed me from her last appointment with her trainer-last time I did them I was sore for 3 days!

Wednesday, I repeated the same route that I ran on Monday totally 4.25 miles. The dusting of snow made the run hard! My right knee was bothering me for most of the run-I think its a result of running on the uneven, slippery streets and sidewalks. The ache in my knee cleared up as soon as I was done running.

Today I need to pack and get my house in order for my upcoming weekend retreat to Detroit Lakes. I look forward to the running, snowshoeing, skiing, tubing, and of course a glass of wine with my friends!

Oh, I forgot to add that I signed up for my training plan through Alltriathon.com-I think the plan should arrive tomorrow. Also, I signed up for the Madison Ironman training camp in June.

No comments: