Thursday, November 6, 2008

Last night marked another year served at Gillette.....we had our employee recognition dinner. Even in the midst of the horrible financial condition of our country and most businesses Gillette does always put on a formal multi-course dinner for the employees-it is nice to know that I am appreciated for the work that I do, especially after many mandated hours and expectations that are held by the organization.

I haven't had a lot of time to run this week, but I have been trying to squeeze some workouts in between the many tasks that need to be completed. Today, I ran a measly 2.5 miles on the treadmill and then lifted weights. I did try to incorporate some speed and hills into the short run-mostly to fight the boredom caused by treadmill running.

Over the coarse of the day I spent a good amount of time trying to get my hotel and flight stuff all worked out for my trip next week. The hotel was being a pain in the butt about the reservations and they had Corrine's reservation under my name-What a mess! I think that all the problems are worked out (it only took from 9 am-5pm) and some adjustments to my travel plans. I luckily have all next week off so I will be heading to San Antonio a day earlier and staying a day longer. I will at least get a chance to see the city a little bit.

No comments: