Sunday, November 30, 2008

Holiday season has started and.......

The holiday season has begun and that brings planning the upcoming race season.

Thanksgiving morning I got up early to volunteer down at the Turkey Run 5K. Leann and Corrine picked me up at 5:30 am so that we could be ready to man the registration post by 7:00 am-what a mistake! I have never met such RUDE people! As usual the race people didn't order enough race numbers and shirts for the amount of runners, which sent people into a tizzy! After getting chewed out by the lady who takes her Christmas photo in the shirt and race number every year and the man who doesn't like ink on his hands, I was ready to be done and get a workout in.

While the race went on I did a short run and lifted some weights. Then once I got home, I finished up my run with Shadow-getting in a total of 6 miles in for the day.

I spent the rest of my Thanksgiving over at Jen's house. We had many conversations about politics and played board games-it was a blast!

Friday-I made my way downtown for a little shopping. I didn't find very many good deals, but I did get Owen's Christmas present out of the way. I met up with Liz later that day to watch the Holidazzle and watch some Jazz at the Times. It ended up being a early night as I had to be up early to lead run club on Saturday.


Saturday, Corrine and I ended up running 6.5 miles at the Dam. Thanks Corrine for pushing me along!

Today, I ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill and then got on the bike for a half hour. I finished my workout with lifting weights and doing abdominals

My pre-season training starts this week, which will lead into my training for the Liberty Ironman training. Training for Madison with start after Liberty in June. Oh-one other thing, today the Madison Ironman was televised and Jen, Cindy, and I were on TV multiple times-who knew that us crazy cats would be shown catching bikes!

No comments: