Monday, October 27, 2008

A little bit more consistent

My workouts have been a little bit more consistent over the past week. Although my workouts have been on the easier side the consistency helps bring norm back to my life. My more focused, harder workouts will not start until January, hopefully allowing my body to fully recover from my year of racing and rejuvenate me for my upcoming Ironman training.

Tuesday was my day off from a workout-partly the need to study for my child and adolescent exam and partly my effort to get rid of my dreadful cold.

Wednesday, I ended up doing a five mile run, starting off by myself and then meeting up with run club to finish the run. This is one the last runs from Bunker Hills for the year as the weather is getting too cold and it starting to get dark too soon. Later that night following my run I met up with my friend Cindy to watch her brother's band play at Stasiu's in Minneapolis.

Thursday, I did a short 3.5 mile run on the treadmill (dreadmill) and then lifted weights. I have been trying to get into the routine of lifting weights 2-3 times per week as they are suppose to enhance my triathlon success.....at least that's what I'm going to believe.

Friday, I attended Don's spinning class. I took it easy during the class as I still was hacking up a lung everytime my heartrate got over 150. The spinning is adding a good mix to my workouts.

Saturday was another day off as it was a day to celebrate Owen! Owen turned one and had a BIG party. I was feeling really crappy-my head was ready to explode!

Sunday, Jen and I did a 20 mile run alternating between the treadmill and track-ICKY! We had planned on running down at the lakes but the weather was NASTY! The run was long and hard for me as I was tired from working night before. Plus, my stomach was upset probably from the lack of sleep or maybe the candy bar and bottle of diet coke I consumed prior to leaving work....either way I can pretty much tell you every detail of the bathroom at the Moore Lake Lifetime Fitness.

1 comment:

Jen J said...

...at least you got to see the nicely remodeled bathrooms!!