Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We made it to Bloomington, Illinois





I got up at 3:00am to pack the car and finish up any last minute touches. Okay 3:00 am is when I got my butt out of bed-I didn't sleep a wink last night as thought about my travels to Louisville.

We finally got on the road by 5:00 am. There was little patches of rain and some wind. My eyes were glued to my bike and I kept yelling at my dad to slow down or pass the stupid trucks.

We stopped a few times to fill up and walk the dogs. It took Shadow a little time to settle down in the car-I don't know if it was the two hours of riding on my lap or the benadryl that I gave her.

The car ride down to here was pretty uneventful; lots of construction and a few wrong turns (thanks to mapquest). We pulled in about 2:00 pm. Shortly after arriving I headed out for my run. The weather here is pretty warm and humid. I ended up doing a 4.3 mile run.

We went to Olive Garden for dinner and then walked around taking some pictures.

No comments: