Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ironman Louisville is only 10 days away! I can't believe how fast this past year has gone by.

I have started to taper over the past week with only a slight decrease in training time-11 hours of training time for the week.

After watching some you tube videos on the Louisville course, my nerves skyrocketed!

Monday, I did a 21.5 mile bike ride on the Liberty 1/2 Ironman course-I want to be as comfortable as possible with large hill climbs and I hope that riding this route will help. Following my ride I met with run club for a 5.5 mile run.

Tuesday, I finally made my way to Run N Fun to get a new pair of much needed running shoes. My workout for Tuesday consisted of a 2200 yard swim focusing on maintaining good form.

Wednesday, I did a run at the Dam with Sarah from run club. She is training to run her second marathon. We ended up doing 7 mile run. Some sad news though-I had to bring Shadow into the vet Wednesday morning because she hurt her paw during Tuesday's walk. She had some severe swelling in one of her toes (either a bad sprain or possible fracture:() She got a shot of cortizone/pencillin and was put on pain killers for a week. She seemed to be doing a lot better by evening-but anyone that has met this hyper pooch would know that she has a hard time taking a rest (I guess we have something in common).

Today, I got caught in the rain! I went out to bike the hills again on the Liberty Tri course again. I ended up getting in 11.5 miles and a lot of hill climbs. It was super windy today too-22 mph wind gusts. I fought the cross wind for the enitire ride and it was even a little scary at times as staying upright was difficult. I feel that these rides are good practice as I need to be prepared for all weather conditions because who knows what raceday will bring. I felt great on the hills climbs today. During the ride, I was putting together my strategy for the ride portion of the Ironman-if I stick to the plan I know that I will feel great on the ride.

Tonight is my last night of work until Sept. 8. By the time I return to work I will be an Ironman and signed up for my second one.

No comments: