Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A new year

Taper-I like it but I don't! Most often people are welcoming the rest from the intense training-I don't! I decided to do a short taper before my upcoming marathon and I am ready to crawl out of my skin! I don't rest well! The plan is to continue the taper and restart the intense triathlon training upon returning from Florida.

Christmas Day-I did a short three mile run on the treadmill or dreadmill. The focus was speed surges with hills.

Wednesday(26th): I lifted weights-slightly increasing the weight however maintaining 3 sets of 12 reps.

Thursday-I missed my swim workout, however did a 6.2 mile run with the run club. The run was difficult as the terrain still remains very uneven and slippery.

Friday-I took the day off.

Saturday- 10.5 mile run around the lakes. The trails were terrible! I really need to invest in some Yak Traks!

Sunday-I took the day off.

Monday-I did two hours on the trainer and then did free weights at home. The two hours were very long and BORING! I can't wait to ride my bike outside!

Tuesday-Happy New Year! I got in the pool today and felt great! I was really looking forward to getting in the pool! 1250 yards.

1 comment:

mother said...

Good job! I get tired just reading about your training.