Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I finally got on my trainer!


My workouts have been pretty mild the past couple of days as I have been fighting a cold. Friday, I finally gave my trainer a try! I have decided that I'm a people workout junkie. The thirty minutes I spent on the trainer were tragic-I was a clock watcher and a second counter.

Saturday, I intended on running-I maybe got a half mile run in, although I had a great walk in the snow to Space Aliens with Liz and Stef to find out it was closed because of the weather. Last I checked I think that we live in Minnesota-so why were they closed with only maybe 5 inches of snow on the ground.

Sunday-I woke up feeling miserable! Sore throat, achy, horrible, HORRIBlE, and HORRIBLE! I went to Target and stocked up on cold medications and kleenex, then spent the rest of the day in bed. I did force myself to get on the trainer for a hour-as if I didn't feel crappy enough, but then I bored myself to death! I just don't like the trainer, but I will keep at it.

Monday, again day in bed following a restless night with a 101.9 temp:( I continued with the cold medications, immunity tea, Zicam. I made it to the gym for a weightlifting workout-I kept it light as I wasn't feeling great.

Today (Tuesday), I haven't had a chance to get a workout in as I have tons of homework to do before I head down to Mankato on Thursday. Today, I had to meet with the magnet surveyors which went really well. We had a closing gathering as one last chance to express to the magnet people our thoughts about Gillette-what an emotional experience! Kleenex boxes were being passed around as people were telling their story about how Gillette affected their lives-it was really cool and proud to be part of such a great organization.

No comments: