Sunday, December 16, 2007

Better week of workouts

It was a much better week-my cold seems to be getting better. Tuesday, I did a short swim with a total of 600 yards and then a short 2 mile run to follow.

Wednesday, I went to spinning class. The focus of the class was endurance-remaining in zone 2. Cycle class seems to fly by, which is a big change. I may actually start to enjoy cycling.

Thursday, I did a 6.2 mile run. The run started out okay, however it was extremely COLD! The wind had really picked up on the way back. I am really looking forward to some warmer weather-they say possibly this week.

Friday, I did a 45 minute swim-again with a focus on endurance. My stroke felt off-probably because of the lack of swimming I have done in the past couple of weeks.

Saturday, again another cold and icy run. Four miles felt like twenty miles-I couldn't run fast enough, although Shadow had a great time!

Sunday, A big workout day! I couldn't bear another cold run, so I did 10 miles on the treadmill. I don't know what is worst cold or BORING! I finished the days workouts with spinning class. Again the focus of the spinning class was endurance with rolling hills.

Classes are done for the semester-Yay! I finished my last final today! It will be nice to have a little more free time the next couple of weeks. Next, semester starts up in January-the I week I returned from Florida. The plan is to only take 6 credits spring and summer; then to return to full time following the Ironman.

No comments: